Schloegel Design Remodel is a locally owned, privately operated, remodeling company in Kansas City, MO. Schloegel Design Remodel has been remodeling the standard in home improvement since 1980! We have immediate openings in our different divisions including our Design Build, Express Kitchens and Baths, and Handyman Services.
We are a company where meeting the customer expectation is the standard, but exceeding the customer expectation is the goal. We have an excellent reputation in the community for service, ethics and quality. We offer competitive pay along with the following benefits: paid holiday, paid vacation, 401k, medical, dental, tool allowance, gas allowance, and phone.
We are always looking to add professional craftsmen to our production team. Don’t forget to ask us if we’re currently offering a hiring bonus. To submit your resume, complete the form below.
To submit your resume, complete the form below.
Reports to Project Managers and Production Manager
Lead Carpenters play an important role in the completion and profitability of each Schloegel Design Remodel project. The Lead Carpenter is the job site representative of SDR who manages and performs the daily work as needed to keep a project on schedule and budget while supervising subs and in-house labor.
Lead Carpenters should have five years of remodeling experience and must have a thorough understanding of rough and finish carpentry as well as the different trades required on each project. This position requires the ability and willingness to interact with other SDR employees, subcontractors and clients and take direction from the Project Manager. Good communication skills are vital for success as a Lead Carpenter. All employees must have a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and a reliable vehicle capable of hauling 4’x8’ sheets of material. All employees must be capable of lifting 80lbs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete all work with the highest quality of craftsmanship and in the time allotted.
- Keep informed as to the project as a whole – including any revisions of plans, specs, change orders, schedule, etc.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with the Production Manager, subcontractors, and clients. The Lead Carpenter is the working job site manager.
- Be responsible for job site safety, cleanliness, security and protection from damage during construction. Keep a fire extinguisher, first aid kit and evacuation plan on site. Broom clean daily and vacuum clean on weekends.
- Make sure jobs are secure at all times.
- Check the job site notebook daily and communicate contents to the Project Manager.
- Full investment into our Builder Trend program will be required for success in this position. It will include the following duties:
- Uploading photos as the project progresses for our documentation as well as for the client to view.
- Uploading daily logs at the end of each workday updating the client and all personnel involved in the project.
- Viewing the schedule and planning ahead accordingly.
- Accurately fill out time sheets daily.
- Order construction material as necessary so that it is available when needed. Inform the PM of any special order items in a timely manner.
- Lead Carpenter is responsible for completing jobs per the schedule, as well as working with the Project Manager to keep the schedule updated as a project progresses.
- Order dumpsters when necessary.
- Hold subs, vendors, and in-house labor accountable to SDR standards.
- Be responsible for returning any items for credit.
- Be responsible for collecting all warranty information and give it to the PM in an organized way.
- Maintain and be responsible for any on-site company rental tools and properly return them when they are no longer needed.
- Act as SDR representative on the job site and manage carpenters and subcontractors when PM is not on site.
- When problems or questions arise, try to have a solution in mind before you come to the PM.
- Turn in coded invoices weekly or as requested.
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure jobsite.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Follow all safety regulations and wear required safety equipment.
- Circular saw
- All hand tools
- Reciprocating saw
- GFCI extension cord
- Framing gun
- Pin nailer
- Table or bench saw
- Belt and orbital sanders
- Router and bits
- Power planer
- Compressor and hose
- Shop Vac
- Miter Saw
- Jig Saw
- ½” Drill
- Cordless screw gun
- 2’ and 4’ levels
- 4’ and 6 ‘step ladder
- Hammer drill
- Crown stapler
- Surface planer
- Biscuit jointer
- 6’ level
- Extension ladder
- Official workday 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, but are flexible as needed.
- Additional hours and weekend work may be required to keep schedule or commitments on track.
- Employees may be required to stand and/or walk over 75% of the time
- Sitting may be required less that 25% of the time
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling may be required 25%-75% of the time.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds may be required over 75% of the time.
- Lifting up to 100 pounds may be required over 25%-75% of the time.
- Lifting more than 100 pounds may be required less than 25% of the time.
- All employees must meet the vision requirements to obtain a driver’s license.
- Working in wet or humid conditions (non-weather) may be required under 25% of the time.
- Working near moving mechanical parts may be required over 75% of the time.
- Working in high or precarious places may be required 25%-75% of the time.
- Fumes or airborne particles may be present over 75% of the time.
- Toxic or caustic chemicals may be present under 25% of the time.
- Employees may have to work in outdoor weather conditions 25%-75% of the time.
- Risk of electrical shock may be present over 75% of the time.
- Working with explosives may be required less than 25% of the time.
- Risk of radiation may be present less that 25% of the time.
- Loud noise levels can be typical for this job.
The list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most accurate list of the current job. Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (example: emergencies, changes in personnel, workload or technical development, etc.).
PAINTERS WANTED – Full Time Payroll Positions
DO YOU HAVE PAINTING SKILLS? High Quality remodeling company with a painting division and steady growth, very high standards, and exceptional customer testimonials. Looking for painters w/solid basic skills. Full time year-round payroll positions w/FULL BENEFITS (including paid accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401K). Residential interior & exterior. Must exhibit following characteristics:
- Enjoy working with your hands. High attention to detail.
- Trustworthy, Reliable, Take pride in what you do & how you do it
- Reliable transportation
- Must agree to drug screening & clear background check
Be prepared to summarize your experience & compensation expectations. Upon initial screening, will schedule interviews.