Oh Boy, are we excited to share that three of our fantastic designers, Ron Webster, Kelly Summers, and Nina Schmidt recently became Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodelers! The certification is done through the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) and requires 5 continuous years of experience, plus other requirements and a 200-question examination. In other words, it’s no small task
What is a Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler?
A NARI Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR) is a professional who specializes in kitchen and bath remodeling projects. They possess honed expertise in materials, layout, and installation in kitchen and bath renovations, making them an indispensable resource to clients with these project needs.
The CKBR Program addresses the fundamentals of managing kitchen and bath renovations:
- Sound business operations and procedures necessary for operational efficiency and increased profitability
- Key financial indicators a remodeler/business owner must manage
- Various marketing tools kitchen and bath remodelers use to promote their services
- Navigating building codes and communicating with code officials
- Job site evaluation and identifying hidden defects and unknown conditions
- Capabilities of the various trades required on the kitchen and bath remodeling project and how to determine if the work is performed correctly
In order to become a CKBR an individual must:
- Currently employed by or own a firm engaged in the remodeling of kitchens and bathrooms
- Minimum of five (5) years of continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Have completed a minimum of four kitchens and/or bathrooms per year
- Minimum of 16 hours of continuing education
Ron has been in the residential and commercial kitchen and bath industry since 1992. While attending JCCC he studied interior design in 1988-90 and found his niche in the kitchen & bath industry. Ron also was co-owner of his own remodeling company that renovated older homes and has many years of hands-on experience. “I bring the client's vision to life while making their experience a special one,” Ron says.
Kelly has nearly 20 years of design experience and has worked successfully in sales and custom organizational design. Kelly’s keen eye for design and her ability to materialize a client’s vision has helped her win numerous REMY awards.
“For me, design should never be cookie cutter. Your home should reflect your personality and the way you live.”
Nina earned her interior design degree from WATC. She started her career as an interior designer for a remodeling company in her hometown of Wichita, Kansas before joining the Schloegel team in 2016. Nina's sense of style, attention to detail, and strong organizational skills make her an exceptional designer and it shows in each and every project.
Congrats Ron, Kelly & Nina! A certification not only shows they’ve put in years of hands-on experience but have taken the time to improve their level of expertise.
Certified Kitchen and Bath Remodeler (CKBR). Nari.org. Retrieved https://www.nari.org/Certification-Accreditation/Certification/Certified-Kitchen-and-Bath-Remodeler